As the System Administrator you will:
- Maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency. Perform systems security administration functions, including creating user-profiles and accounts.
- Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system-wide software, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products. Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation, and provide backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Mentor and supervise less experienced staff.
Your background will include:
- Degree in Computer Science related field, or a related form of engineering training.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Security Plus certification or the ability to be certified quickly.
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Kubernetes) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS is a plus.
- Experience using Kubernetes (Docker) and clusters.
- Experience with monitoring systems to easily check the status of services and detect system anomalies immediately.
- Experience with source control, Continuous Integration, and Test-Driven Development methods (Git, Selenium, Jenkins).
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve production issues.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.