@Orchard LLC has been retained by a fast-growing Federal Contractor to assist in identifying two individuals to fill roles as Technical Project/Program Managers, able to manage a team of 45 engineers providing Telecommunications Services to a major Federal Agency. The workstream areas included are Security Services (Firewall, Vulnerability Management, VDI), Identity Management (DNS, DDI, Active Directory, Single Sign-on), Infrastructure (WAN, F5, VOIP, Contact Center), Multimedia (Mobile Device Management, Email Provisioning, Audio Visual Support). The team is providing Tier 1 to Tier 3 support with a portion of the team focused on Network Operations and proactive monitoring and the remainder of the team focused specifically on the project and task execution centered on modernization of applications and environment.
These are highly visible roles affording significant engagement with the Government client at the most senior levels, affording the Technical Project/Program Manager a great opportunity to participate in driving IT modernization of critical infrastructure, ensuring security and efficiency in executing the mission of this agency, which has a fundamental impact on almost every aspect of Federal and State governance. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, experience prioritizing the delivery of critical projects, the ability to discuss end-user requirements with Branch and Division Chiefs, and enough technical knowledge to convey those requirements to the technical team for execution.
As the Technical Project/Program Manager you will need to;
- Join a Program Office dedicated to ensuring network security, network infrastructure, active directory, and mobile device support.
- Provide a clear view of new technologies, network management tools, and network administration methodologies that are coming online and then be able to communicate the appropriateness of these new technologies to stakeholders for this environment.
- Utilize your significant technical experience, management experience, outstanding oral and written communications skills, direct interface with stakeholders at multiple levels, and manage a layered staff of your own of about 45 experienced technical professionals.
- Gain the trust and support of senior Government clients up to the CIO level. Manage staff onsite as well as remote resources in support of a 24/7 operation.
- Have direct experience working on programs that are focused on Data technologies, Cloud infrastructure (MS Azure or AWS), and Platform and Integration technologies.
- Provide insights and knowledge around Information and Data Security, Compliance, Platform scale-ability, and organization productivity tools.
- Manage projects from start to finish with deep technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate proven success in managing vendors, driving cost efficiencies, innovating solutions, delivering frequent successes at a high speed, and result-oriented culture.
- Oversee budget planning, strategy, roadmap, mentoring, coaching, and team-building.
Your background will include;
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, an advanced degree in Computer Science or Math is preferred.
- Professional certification such as PMP (required), ITIL (strongly preferred), Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Must have 7+ years of project/program/delivery management experience with 3+ years using Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with any combination of the following: UNIX, LINUX, Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Cloud, Infoblox VMWare, MicroFocus, eDirectory, Cisco, F5, Tenable, Nessus, FireEye, Netscaler, ISE, NICE, Gigamon, RedSeal.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical issues is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.